close menu
This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

Child Support


Payment made to the Clerk of District Court Office

The Clerk of District Office collects court ordered child support and alimony payments. When support payments come through our office, if the payment contains all of the necessary information on the check or money order, the payment is processed the day it is received. A support check is issued the that day and mailed at 3:30 p.m. If the case is being enforced through the Sixth Judicial Child Support Enforcement Office, the payments may be sent to the State Disbursement Unit in Cheyenne and disbursed from there.

Credit/Debit cards are now accepted by calling the Clerk of District Court Office.

Checks or money orders should be made payable to: Clerk of the District Court.

Support payments should be mailed to the following address:

Clerk of the District Court
P.O. Box 406
Sundance, Wyoming 82729-0904

State Disbursement Unit

Many court ordered payments for child support which were previously paid to the Clerk of Court are now made to the State Disbursement Unit in Cheyenne. Effective in May 1995, a centralized payment processing system was required by federal and state law. However, the State of Wyoming received an exemption from the Department of Health and Human Services that still allows the Clerk of District Court’s office to receive and distribute child support payments.

The following types of cases can be processed by the State Disbursement Unit:

  1. All cases enforced by the Wyoming Child Support Enforcement Program.
  2. All cases in which there is an income deduction order and the initial support order was issued on or after January 1, 1994.

Make check or money order payable to:

P.O. Box 1027
Cheyenne, WY 82003-1027

The following information must be included on the check or on an attachment: POSSE Case number, County (where order was issued), Your Name, and Your Address.

The State Disbursement Unit will process support payments the same day the payments are received. The SDU will send a direct deposit into your account or apply it to your Relia-Card.

If you would like to contact the State Disbursement Unit, the toll free number is: 1-888-570-9914.

NOTE: Cases involving alimony only and not child support will be payable through the Clerk of District Court.


If you require assistance in collecting court-ordered child support you can:

  1. Contact the Sixth Judicial Child Support Authority. This agency is the Child Support Enforcement agency for the Sixth Judicial District. You can contact the local office in Sundance at 283-1515 or the Gillette office at 1-800-360-5220. They can provide assistance in collecting court ordered child support in those situations involving public assistance programs as well as those that do not.
  2. Contact a private attorney for assistance in enforcing your child support rights.
  3. Use the pro-se forms.

Change in amount of child support payment

The Clerk of District Court's Office cannot change the amount that the court has ordered for child support payments. Child Support can only be reduced or increased if a substantial change occurs in the situation of the respondent or the petitioner. A court hearing is required for a modification of the support amount. Therefore, all pleadings must be filed in accordance with Wyoming statute.

Payment inquiry

You can obtain account information by telephone to the Clerk of District Court. You can obtain a copy of your account payment history from the Clerk of the District Court. The payment history will show a history of payments and assessments on the account.

Change of address

If you are receiving or making support payments, you must provide the Clerk's Office with your new address in writing, no telephone calls will be accepted. You will need to include the case number.


Disclaimer: The Clerk does not expressly or impliedly warrants that the information or data accessed by the customer is accurate or correct. The Clerk shall not be liable for any loss, cost, damage, or expense arising directly or indirectly in connection with this access. In no event shall the Clerk be liable for any special or consequential damages or for any indirect damages resulting from the Customer's use or application of the information accessed as a result of using this website.