close menu
This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

Personal Property Liens


UCC and Financing Statements that may be recorded at the County Clerk’s Office are liens against titled vehicles, Title 29 liens, State and Federal Tax Liens, timber to be cut and extracted and fixture filings.

For motor vehicle liens, the information that we require is the debtor name and address, secured party name and address, year, make and VIN number of the collateral and the dollar amount of the lien. The debtor must sign the financing statement.

Liens against agricultural products and non-titled vehicles are now to be filed with the Secretary of State. Their number is (307) 777-7378. 

Filing a New Lien
If more than one vehicle is being used as collateral on a lien, it is an additional $1.00 per title after the first one. 
Filing an Amendment to a Lien  $5 
Filing an Assignment to a Lien  $5 
Filing a Continuation of Lien  $5 
Releasing a Lien  *no fee
* Releasing a lien filed prior to July 1993 requires a $5.00 fee. All others are no fee.  

Federal UCC Form 


We strive to keep the fees on this website current, if you have any questions, please contact the County Clerk’s Office.