In this section
The Crook County Sheriff’s Office uses CodeRED to send EMERGENCY notifications by phone, email, text and social media to keep citizens informed of emergencies such as AMBER alerts, evacuation notices, law enforcement notices, or other emergency situations.
There is no charge to register for or use CodeRED and your personal information will be kept confidential. Registering for CodeRED is quick and easy:
• Sign up for CodeRED® online
• Add the CodeRED phone number, 866.419.5000 to your caller ID – this is for EMERGENCY CALLS
• Add the CodeRED phone number, 855.969.4636 to your caller ID - this is for GENERAL CALLS
Things to Know About CodeRED
• CodeRED delivers notifications by phone, email, text, social media, and/or mobile alerts
• CodeRED is compatible with TDD/TTY devices for those with hearing impairments
• Individuals and businesses may add as many phone numbers, email and texts numbers as they choose
Residents and visitors can now receive enhanced public safety alerts no matter where you are located via the CodeRED Mobile Alert app, a free public safety app for both Android and iPhone users. The CodeRED Mobile Alert app delivers community and emergency alerts to individuals targeted within an impacted geographical area. The app enables you to receive timely notifications when you on the road, away from home.
If you are currently a CodeRED subscriber that has already registered your mobile phone to get notifications from the Crook County, you will continue to receive calls. However, if you download the app, you will also be able to get alerts to your smartphone anywhere in the country, including Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Alaska.
To download the free CodeRED Mobile Alert app, visit the Google Play or iTunes store.
For more information about the CodeRED service, contact the Crook County Sheriff’s Office, Mon-Fri, 8am – 5 pm.